THE GOM CENTRAL PROJECT IS MADE ON KAURNA AND PERAMANGK COUNTRY.
We wish to acknowledge the Kaurna and Peramangk Peoples, and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians; their spiritual, physical, emotional, mental and economic connection to the land and seas. We understand that their inherent cultural and spiritual beliefs continue to sustain the living People of each region.
WHAT IS GOM
Want to know what’s happening with
VISIT OUR COVID-19 PAGE AND LISTEN TO PODCASTS,
READ STORIES AND FIND UP-TO-DATE INFO.
- You’re eligible if you were under guardianship for one year or more, OR you’re from a remote Aboriginal community
- There’s no limit to the amount of money you can apply for
- 2 grant rounds per year
- $1,500 grant
- You’re eligible if you’re between 15 and 25 years old AND have been in care
- Money is for buying stuff for independent living
- $300 – $3000 grants
- Money is for Travel, IT/Tech, Driving Lessons or Education
- 1 grant round per year
The Guardian is appointed to promote the rights and interests of children and young in care. That means you can talk to them if something isn’t right for you, and they’ll stick up for you.
These guys are the national consumer body representing the voices of children and young people in care. They try to improve the care system, and empower young people in care.
Post care support services can help you apply for grants, access case files, sort out housing, and build independence.
HOW ARE YOU SPENDING YOUR CASH?
USE OUR CALCULATOR TO FIND OUT WHERE ALL THE MONEY IS GOING