In this episode, we chat to Karyn Hicks, from Salvation Army, about managing money!
Here’re some of the resources she mentioned:
- Affordable SA – a great website with all things affordable (including free food, housing and support services!)
- Money Smart – a government website with lots of interesting information and guide to navigating money and finances
- Click here for information about free energy audits
- This page has some energy-saving tips
- We like this guide to budgeting apps (and this website generally)
- The You’re the Boss program can help you get a handle on money
- Centrepay takes your bills straight out of your Centrlink payment
- If you want Centrelink to review a decision, this is the form you need.
Big thanks to Karyn Hicks for giving us all her tips and tricks!
Up is created with young people who have lived in care. It’s part of the GOM Central Project.
If you are leaving care soon, or have left recently, Post Care Support Services are here to help! They can support you with stuff like housing and grant applications, FOI requests, referrals, life skills, budgeting, brokerage, counselling, mental health and other issues. You can contact Post Care Support Services on free call number on 1800 188 118.
GOM Central is funded by the Department of Child Protection and delivered by Relationships Australia South Australia’s Post Care Support Services. Straight Up is hosted by Brooke and Zhane.
This podcast was created on Kaurna and Peramangk Country. We wish to acknowledge the Kaurna and Peramangk peoples and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, their spiritual, physical, emotional, mental and economic connection to the Land and Seas. We acknowledge the original custodians of Australia and, in doing so, understand that their inherent Cultural and Spiritual beliefs continue to sustain the living People of each region.