Need stuff to do these school holidays? We’ve got you covered.
A great place to start looking for school holiday programs, groups, events and activities is your local council’s website.
We’ve popped some council websites here:
- Adelaide City
- Charles Sturt
- Port Adelaide and Enfield
- Mount Barker
- Berri Barmera
Can’t find anything from your local council? You could try the list of school holiday activities Kids in Adelaide’s have put together!
Or what about a BBQ in the Adelaide Parklands? There’s 49 free barbecues dotted all throughout the park lands, all on this map.
If you love nature, there are a number of beautiful parks close to Adelaide. Here’s a list of some within an hour’s drive of the CBD:
- Shepards Hill Recreation Park is great for a walk or a bike ride. It’s 25 minutes (drive) south of Adelaide CBD.
- Hallet Cove Conservation Park has nice boardwalks, rocky cliffs and views of the waves. It’s 35 minutes (drive) south of Adelaide CBD.
- Belair National Park has great bike tracks and beautiful bushwalking trails. It’s 20 minutes (drive) south from Adelaide CBD, or you can catch the train to Belair Railway Station. Note: there is a parking fee ($12.00 full price, $9.50 concession) to drive into the national park, however, there is the option to park before the gates and walk-in.
- Morialta Conservation Park has beautiful waterfalls, giant rocky cliffs and a range of walks and hikes to do. It’s 25 minutes (drive) east of Adelaide CBD.
- Onkaparinga River National Park has a gorge with plenty of swimming holes for the brave, and walking for the fit. It’s 45 minutes (drive) south of Adelaide CBD.