Another Day Another Dollar | Part One
In this episode, we’re talking about work!
We chat with Sallyanne Dobson who works in a youth service at Relationships Australia SA about how (and why) to get a job.
We’ve also put together some resources to back up what Sallyanne had to say.
- This article is our guide to getting employed.
- For some help writing your resume, try this guide.
- This article is our guide to getting your license.
- Volunteering SA is where to look for volunteering opportunities.
- For help with issues at work (like not being paid correctly, unfair dismissal or harassment), you can contact Fair Work or the Legal Services Commission for free advice.
- If you want a bit more insight into finding fulfilling employment, try this video. Similarly, this video is about meaningful work.
Special thanks to Sallyanne.
Straight Up is created with young people who have lived in care. It’s part of the GOM Central Project.
If you are leaving care soon, or have left recently, Post Care Support Services are here to help! They can support you with stuff like housing and grant applications, FOI requests, referrals, life skills, brokerage counselling, mental health and other issues.
GOM Central is funded by the Department of Child Protection and delivered by Relationships Australia South Australia’s Post Care Support Services. Straight Up is hosted by Brooke and Zhane.
This podcast was created on Kaurna and Peramangk Country. We wish to acknowledge the Kaurna and Peramangk peoples and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, their spiritual, physical, emotional, mental and economic connection to the Land and Seas. We acknowledge the original custodians of Australia and, in doing so, understand that their inherent Cultural and Spiritual beliefs continue to sustain the living People of each region.